Recruiting For Less – Our Rochester NY/ Raleigh NC life-sciences market research clients is looking for a Market Research VP to lead their Pharma/Medical Devices practice. This role is responsible for achieving overall sales and profitability goals and can work out of either office. Recruiting
The VP applies strategic business development principles to maintain and grow the client base/market share. The VP engages in a variety of sales and marketing activities and represents the firm at market research or target industry conferences.
• Develop and execute plans to meet short and long term sales and profitability targets.
• Identify and capture strategic opportunities to drive sales and market share growth.
• Serve as a senior level consultant on all research projects executed by research team, consult on research design, sampling techniques, analysis and strategic implications of the research
• Develop and nurture relationships with new clients and existing clients with a goal of long-term partnerships with client organizations
• Manage employee retention for research teams.
• Develop staffing plans and oversee recruiting/selection for research teams.
• Ensure research quality that achieves high customer satisfaction
• Manage two to five researchers.
• Develop and present marketing communications (webinars, newsletters, conference papers).
• Collaborate with internal operations, consulting, and administrative teams to drive improved processes and methods.
• Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
• All of our employees are responsible for and committed to the highest level of data security and client confidentiality.
• Master’s degree in business, health policy, mathematics or the social sciences.
• 10 to 15 years’ professional experience in a market research project execution and sales
• 7 or more years managing the P&L of a group, division or business unit.
• Proven practical experience with a wide array of market research solutions, including new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction solutions.
• Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
• Proven leadership and team-building skills.
• Proven business development success, established client relationships and contacts in industry or sector
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Expert proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 10-25%).
• Fluent in English.
Compensation: Base plus Commission commensurate with experience
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Job ref #VPRESEARCH180615.