Our north Toronto client, a provider of communications, life safety and security systems to the retirement residence and care facility sector is in need of an Electrical CAD Technician/Designer to draft/modify project blueprints to customer specs.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting and understanding blueprints, specification’s and bid documents
- Produce electrical designs and related support services for small to large construction projects, with limited supervision
- Responsible to develop CAD drawings, edit specifications and process construction shop drawings for Electrical systems, Conduit runs, CCTV, phone and data system
- Draft approved revisions within established timeframes in accordance with established procedures, and communicate all changes to all affected end users, i.e. architects, engineers, designers etc.
- Review completed construction drawings for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations
- Maintain accurate digital drawing file storage
- Assist with the preparation of all necessary construction documents in accordance with the established procedures
- Track drawing revisions and maintain archived drawings
- Design to National Electrical Code, industry standards and design criteria related to electrical systems
- Able to multi task and work under pressure both independently and in a team environment
- Able to effectively communicate with Clients, vendors, technicians and office personnel
- Computer savvy and detail oriented
- Familiar with power, low voltage, communications and fire alarm design
- Perform electrical calculations, load, voltage drop, etc.
- Determine wiring and conduit sizes of feeders and branch wiring
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS office
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Please send applications to [email protected] and quote job ref #BNCADTECH180129