Recruiting For Less – – Our Woodbridge based client, a custom retail fixtures manufacturer, is hiring to meet demand for its highly regarded design and production services. As an industry leader, they are looking for a CNC Machining Operator / Programmer to join their team.
Scope: To provide support in the machining of components by programming and operating the CNC machine center.
• Performs daily machine startup and shutdown procedures on machining equipment.
• Reviews shop drawings in order to create and or modify programs with company provided software and documents all programs.
• Verifies the material to be machined by cross referencing against the work order.
• Loads and unloads components into the machine.
• Secures parts to machining center using provided clamps, jigs, or other locking devices.
• Able to adjust machining center speed in order to maximize production while manufacturing quality products.
• Performs first off inspections to ensure components meet the drawing specifications.
• Capable of checking components with basic inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, depth gauge, etc).
• Performs minor maintenance and cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
• Able to quickly adapt to changing production requirements.
• Communicates effectively with Supervisor, Lead Hand, and other company staff members.
• Obeys all established safety practices.
• Identifies safety hazards and reports to Supervisor immediately.
• Wears all personal protective equipment as instructed by the company.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Four to five years’ experience operating vertical machines.
• CNC Diploma or similar related educational courses.
• Working knowledge of MasterCam.
• Experience working with various type of steel including stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and mild steel.
• Working experience on HAAS machining centers.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Solid ability to read shop drawings.
• Ability to learn or have some working knowledge of machine code.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Safety conscious behaviour.
• Able to work independently on assigned tasks.
• Starting hourly rate dependent upon prior experience.
• Group medical / dental benefits after completion of probationary period.
• Overtime after 40 hours worked per week – paid bi-weekly.
• Eligible for company year-end bonus program.
• Afternoon shift position 4:30 pm to 1:30 am. Company willing to provide orientation training on day shift.
• Commensurate with experience.
• Group health and dental coverage.
• 4% vacation pay.
• Employee profit sharing program.
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Please send applications to [email protected] and quote job ref# VECNC180802.