Recruiting For Less – Our Cleveland client, develops and licenses state of the art predictive toxicology software. They are looking for a Sales Exec to join their team.
This role is ideally suited for up-and-coming Sales Executive looking to make a name for themselves and pharma/chemical sector. Given the nature of their product only candidates with a science (chem/bio/pharma) background will be considered.
About our client:
The company is a pioneer in developing software for assessing the toxicological potential of chemicals and pharmaceuticals for the in-silico evaluation of drug candidates, impurities, metabolites, and reagents. The company’s software is especially focused on FDA guidelines specific to the assessment and control of DNA reactive impurities in chemicals and pharmaceuticals. Their products are used by regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical companies, chemical companies, and cosmetic companies.
Our client’s product offerings helps its customers to reduce drug development costs, reduce animal usage for toxicity evaluations, identify chemicals with health hazard potential, and to improve the understanding of causes for chemical toxicity. In doing so, their customers benefit often benefit from a speed up in the regulatory approval process, which has a direct, and positive impact, both from a financial and organization perspective. The company’s in-silico safety evaluations can be used in a wide range of applications, including carcinogenicity, genotoxicity, cardiotoxicity, immunotoxicity, renal toxicity, and skin sensitization. Their client roster includes the US FDA, National Institute of Health (NIH), Roche Holdings AG, Novartis AG, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Merck & Company.
Role and Responsibility:
• Point person for both outbound and inbound market and business development
• Take the lead in networking with potential buyers or decision makers
• Researching/developing initial contacts with potential industry influencers or decision makers in emerging markets, including China, Brazil, India and Mexico.
• Secure opportunities to quote on customer requirements at the appropriate time within the sales cycle, and then elicit potential barriers that may prevent closing on a sale.
• Interfacing with the current customers, knowing their needs, helping them to use the products in the best way possible.
• Make recommendations and arrangements for the design and development of advertising and promotional materials.
• Proactive self-education, on a continual basis, to ensure the highest level of product, market, and industry knowledge.
• Monitor trends/competition, provide periodic reports on potential unmet market needs.
• Research and attend key industry conferences, both on a domestic and international basis.
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Ability to identify and influence key decision makers
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Negotiate with various level of management
• “Hunter” sales orientation with ability to build a book of business
● Sciences background
● 2 years B-to-B sells experience (cold calling/hunting)
● Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
● Aptitude and interest in developing solid visual presentation skills.
● Organized, high energy, disciplined, and self-motivated.
● Able to demonstrate success in a remote role, or demonstrate an aptitude and desire to work effectively on a remote basis with a minimum of direct supervision.
Salary: Base + commission (reasonable expectation of $110-120k+ all in), benefits
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Job ref# MLTCSSALES180913