Sales Engineer, CEMA – Fintech
Our Silicon Valley based client, a leading global FinTech firm providing digital banking payments processing technology and infrastructure, is looking for a Sales Engineer to support CEMA (central Europe, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa) with experience executing sales processes in a client facing environment.
The successful candidate will excel at articulating the in-depth technical merits of our clients’ products and business value, as well as the technical business requirements for successful product development and implementation.
This role will require 30% travel, a valid passport is needed for international travel.
As a Sales Engineer, this role is responsible for winning the technical part of a sales opportunity. This entails:
• Product expertise. Knowing how the platform helps accomplish the business goals of the client and being able to demonstrate the features and functionality that address the use cases of the client, from both a business-user and an end-user perspective.
• Support Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. Use your functional payment knowledge to educate, problem-solve, and deliver guidance to our customers. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 20 – 30 opportunities in various stages of that process.
• Technical expertise. Being able to answer questions about how our software is architected and developed as well as how individual features and functions technically work.
• Integration expertise. Understanding how our software integrates with the relevant and related tools and systems that our clients use, including proficiency in how to use our APIs.
• Presentation and communication skills. Being able to provide product, technical, and integration expertise in a way that removes confusion, doubt, or uncertainty. Being able to create clear and concise documentation of various formats that address the most common questions and specific technical concerns of our clients.
• Documentation skills. Being able document how our clients intend to use our platform and what systems the platform will need to integrate with during the implementation process. Maintaining a library of documentation that can be leveraged by others in the sales organization.
• Education. Improving the knowledge of the sales team by holding regular education sessions, creating documentation (RFI / RFP) of various formats that addresses frequently asked questions or specific topics of interest, and sharing lessons learned from client sales opportunities.
Required Skills & Attributes
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years total professional experience with 3+ years in front-line sales engineering role in card payments ecosystems.
• Understand and support sales cycles.
• Experience working with APIs, JSON, XML
• Excellent communicator – both verbal and written
• Passionate about building strong, trusted relationships with our sales team, our client services team, and our prospects and clients.
• Familiarity working in a J2EE stack
• Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly