Our client is the world’s leading manufacturer of peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps, servicing customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as pharmaceutical, water treatment, food and beverage, and mining.
They are looking for a Sales Engineer to support their new Biopharmaceutical Direct Strategy in the Bay area.
The Biopharmaceutical Sales Engineer’s responsibility is to serve our customers and prospects by identifying their needs and applying the client’s products to help them make process improvements. The Biopharmaceutical Sales Engineer (SE) is accountable for the entire sales process from lead generation through close while conducting business in accordance with the client’s core values. The Biopharmaceutical Sales Engineer will leverage their engineering background and experience to influence the customer throughout the sales process.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing relationships with prospects, customers, and other influencers. Sustains relationships to ensure strong customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Offer tailored fluid handling solutions through a consultative sales approach.
- Prospect new business while maintaining current customer base by organizing sales calls using effective time management.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of the full range of the client’s product brands to the Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical markets.
- Work with the District Sales Manager to establish targets, and develop sales strategies that are in line with the strategy for growth.
- Monitor and advance the project pipeline, from initial design phase to production, ensuring all inquiries are followed up in a timely manner. Factors that could impact the outcome of a sale are understood and strategically assessed and actioned.
- Act as project leader to manage all aspects of a customer’s experience.
- Administer & maintain accurate records on CRM system.
- Follow up on all leads in a timely manner.
- Provide market intelligence, competitor and industry trends to management to contribute to accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Establish relationships with engineering firms in your assigned territory to provide support and encourage the client‘s product specification on all future projects.
- Work with trade show and exhibition visitors to determine their needs and then present the client’s value proposition to meet their needs.
- Conduct lunch & learns and other events at customer sites to better educate the market on the value of the entire client product portfolio.
- Contribute to the honing of our marketing message, operational improvement, and new product development through voice of customer feedback and ongoing communication of successes, failures, and opportunities within the territory.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree with three year’s related experience.
- Have a proven track record of selling premium products using a consultative sales process.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical/Life Sciences.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high professionalism.
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business.
- Base salary of 90k+, commensurate with experience plus commission
- Vacation: 4 weeks vacation
- Robust Benefits package.
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Please quote job ref #WMSENG180216.