Business Development Manager
Our Mississauga-based client, a leading third party logistics company is in need of a Business Development Manager to be responsible of increasing market share of existing client base, while expanding their sales portfolio by generating leads and capturing new accounts . The successful candidate should demonstrate high energy and ambition, competitive spirit and a proven sales record.
• Create quotes and sales proposals for company services
• Develop and maintain OTR FTL, LTL and Intermodal business throughout North America
• Maximize and manage the volume, revenue and margin and/or customer base in order to deliver sales results.
• Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including cold-calling
• Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s CRM
• Anticipate customer requirements and meet those needs in a professional and proactive manner. Provide customer service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Develop, implement and deliver on the pre-determined sales plan. Manage any conflicts and issues. Drive the company to quickly resolve problems and develop action plans to prevent recurrence.
• Provide internal communication and support to ensure the successful delivery of results.
• Identify new business opportunities that exist within the customer base.
• Identify new selling opportunities. Rethink and develop new features to provide benefits for the customer.
• Determine, evaluate and report special trends in the customer base.
• Provide management with appropriate forecast of results and opportunities.
• Maintain confidentiality of company information
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in 3PL transportation brokerage sales
• University/College degree required in Business, Marketing, Logistics or International Trade. CITT and P. Log are assets.
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Complete understanding of the North Maerican transportation industry including highway (domestic and cross border), intermodal and logistics.
• Experience using CRM applications is an asset (Microsoft Dynamics)
• Valid G driver’s license and ability to travel as required
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent negotiation and closing skills
• Salary: $60-80K base and commission
• Vacation: 2 weeks
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Please send applications to [email protected] and quote job ref #EVTBDM150310.