Roofing Estimator (ICI)
Our Etobicoke based client, a roofing company focused on the ICI sector is looking to hire a Roofing Estimator to be responsible for the estimation of new roof and reroofing projects.
• Prepare manual take-offs and enter data into an Excel estimating spreadsheet template.
• Prepare labour quotation for the project for the roofing trade and the sheet metal trade. Participate in a discussion on the labour component of the estimate.
• Request material prices from suppliers in a timely manner, including allowing sub-contractors ample lead time to review the tender documents to submit their quotations for the project.
• Prepare estimates for contracts; extras or change orders to the contract and repair work. Present final proposals or quotation sheets to the client once approved by the President.
• During the tendering process, must be able to clearly communicate with our clients on issues related to each project; project timing; staging locations; phasing of the project, details or roof assemblies.
• Upon award of the contract prepare a condensed set of documents, specifications and drawings for our field department and installer teams.
• Review shop drawings for approval.
• Upon completion of the contract submit for warranties if required; prepare as-built drawings and other close out documents as required.
• University or a minimum of a 2-year Architectural or Engineering Technology College Diploma/Certificate.
• Must have an understanding of the multiple roofing assemblies in the market place and roofing membranes i.e. Built up roofing assemblies; PVC roof membranes; TPO roof membranes; EPDM roof membranes and 2-Ply Mod-Bit.
• Able to clearly communicate to his supervisor on the nature of the projects to be estimated in order to determine they are a fit with the company’s market goals
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to read drawings and specifications unsupervised.
• Salary: commensurate with experience, company truck
• Vacation: 2 weeks
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship. Please send applications to [email protected] and quote job ref #SRRFGEST161107.